The Rob Ford Crack-O-Meter
The 20% most generous funders donated 68% of funds raised.
The remaining 80% of funders donated 32%.
Hover over the bars for a more detailed breakdown.
- Percentage of funders who donated anonymously
- Percentage of funders who made their donation amount anonymous
- Percentage of funders who took a perk
- The total amount Gawker will have after PayPal’s 4% fee
- Signed Canadian Flag (1.3%)
- A Public Thank You (1.8%)
- Commemorative Print (2.4%)
- The Little Book of Rob Ford, Print (3.8%)
- The Little Book of Rob Ford, eBook (90.8%)
- Other (0.1%)
- Dinner with Gawker (1.6%)
- The Little Book of Rob Ford, Print (3.9%)
- A Public Thank You (5.8%)
- Signed Canadian Flag (10.7%)
- The Crack iPhone (16.4%)
- Commemorative Print (19%)
- The Little Book of Rob Ford, eBook (42.6%)
A small note on how we did it
This data was collected from Indiegogo starting at 20:25 E.S.T. on 20 May until the end of the campaign. The campaign was at $81,408 at that point. Therefore, these statistics should be considered a biased sample.
We used a PHP script on a cron job with PHP Simple HTML DOM Parser to collect this data. The Google Charts API was used to create most of these infographics.